If you rely on a pressure washer to make a living then you need to invest in a commercial pressure washer. Below are the best 2 – one has a direct drive pump and the other a belt driven.
A commercial pressure washer is defined by its power first and foremost. It must provide at least 16,000 cleaning power units as defined as PSI x GPM.
Second, there are two types of commercial pressure washing:
- You spend only half the day pressure washing (less than 25 hrs per week)
- You spend entire day everyday pressure washing (30+ hours per week)
If you are type 1 and spend approximately half the day pressure washing you’ll be fine with a pressure cleaner that has a direct drive pump.
Direct Drive Pump
- Pros: Compact design, lower cost.
- Cons: Reduced lifespan – prone to overheating and excess vibration.
If you are type 2 and spend the majority of your day everyday pressure washing then you should get a pressure cleaner with a belt driven pump.
Belt Driven Pump
- Pros: Longer life, lower RPM, belt absorbs vibration, won’t overheat.
- Cons: More maintenance, higher cost and less efficient.
Now that you know which type of commercial pressure washer you need, let’s take a look at the best of each type for most people.
Trusted Brand, Commercial Quality and Power
The best direct drive commercial pressure washer for most people is the 4200 PSI Simpson Powershot. With this power you can rest easy knowing no matter the job you can get it clean.
It’s powered by a 13 HP Honda GX390 OHV gasoline engine and employs a AAA industrial triplex plunger pump with ceramic coated pistons and PowerBoost technology to provide a blistering 4200 PSI at 4 GPM water spray.
It’s all mounted on a welded steel frame with a steel engine plate and has pneumatic tires for great portability.
It’s about 140 pounds and comes with a 3 year engine warranty, 2 year pump warranty and 1 year overall warranty.
Honda Engine with Belt Driven Annovi Reverberi Pump – Superior Commercial Durability
This unit, the best belt driven commercial power washer for most people, is powered by the very same Honda engine as the direct drive unit above.
However, the engine is of course connected to the AR brand (Annovi Reverberi) triplex plunger pump with a belt and pulley system. The pump is built with ceramic components and stays cool during extended use.
It comes with a professional quality gun and wand and a 50 foot steel enforced high pressure hose with hose reel.
The combination of Honda engine and AR belt driven pump allows you to have full confidence that your pressure washing duties will be completed on time, to budget and to scope.
How Much Do They Cost?
1. Featured photo of person industrial pressure washing: image via joecooool418.
2. AR brand of pump has PDFs for each type. I went through to find some further specs of the belt driven pump used by Pressure Pro.
3. Since both these units use the same Honda engine I went and took a look at some of its specifications here.
5. Pressure Washer Pro specs page was used to see what pump they use.
6. I checked out where these commercial pressure washers fit within the pressure washer prices categories.
7. Hotsy.com has a good overview of the benefits and disadvantages of the different pump styles.